Growing up, I envisioned carrying the latest handbag or wearing the trendiest outfit. I remember growing up and being made fun of because I wasn’t wearing the latest sneakers. But to be completely honest, I wasn’t raised to have expensive taste. My mom was an efficient woman. We would frequent stores such as Walmart to buy clothes, shoes, school supplies, and more. And while I was young and naive, I grew to love fashion, not just style, affordable, and attainable fashion. For me, it taught me to appreciate what I have at the moment. I learned that you don’t have to be rich to look expensive. I would study other brands and learn to find similar styles for a much more affordable price, which is why Walmart will always be a staple place to shop in my life. Walmart Fashion has fantastic pieces that you can put together to create stylish and affordable looks. Here are a few ways to look expensive while shopping on a budget.
2. Wear a dark color like black or navy. You can also pair it very nicely with white. Navy is a gorgeous color that looks good with anyone’s skin tone. I love pairing navy or black with white because there are so many fun and creative ways to style your look. For this outfit, I found this gorgeous blazer at Walmart! It is a double-breasted blazer with gold buttons that can instantly elevate your look!
3. Wear layers. Now wearing layers is all about the season that you are in, and since we are currently in Fall, I love the idea of throwing an adorable sweater over a button-down top. The collar from the button-down really can pull the entire look together.
4. Wear pearls. Most of you know I live in pearls. Whether that be my favorite earrings or a cute necklace or bracelet, pearls are such a versatile accessory.
5. Keep your makeup simple but not overdone!
6. Always keep your nails/feet done and with a fresh coat of polish. I like to be pampered and get them done, but I also enjoy a good mani/Pedi in the comfort of my home.
7. Wear a watch. Preferably silver & gold. It keeps your outfit looking friendly and expensive. And Walmart carries a ton of options that will keep you and your wallet happy.
9. Smile and be kind. While it is essential to look your best, it is also important to treat others with kindness. Being kind takes your style to another level. It is the ultimate cherry on top of wearing a cute outfit.
These are just a few tips to help elevate your style on a budget, and what’s great is that you can find my entire look at Walmart!
This post is sponsored by Walmart all opinions are my own.
A behind-the-scenes look at our family, life at home, and my favorite products!