Hey Beautiful Girls! I haven’t had a chance to chat or catch up about pregnancy or life as a soon to be mama. Wow! It still amazes me that I am going to be someone’s mom. I have a ton of thoughts running through my head. But nevertheless I am super excited. I am currently in my 23rd week of pregnancy! Friday marks my 6 month mark! Yahoo, bring out the band and dance, I am 3 months to meeting my little girl and I am too thrilled. I have already started creating a vision board for our nursery which you can see here.
In my last post I shared with you some of the ways I am dressing up the bump and learning to work these maternity looks so that they can transition into pieces I can wear after pregnancy. I’ve found that shopping for maternity outfits can be fun, therapeutic, but I also have to be careful with not going over my budget lol.
I wanted to update you ladies about my overall pregnancy and some ways I am learning to connect with my baby bump! But first off let me say the journey with the bump has not been an easy one.
If you following me on Instagram and happened to watch my first IGTV video I shared my story about dealing with Fibroid’s during pregnancy. You can view the video here. To sum it up I had a pretty smooth pregnancy up until my 18th week, when I had to be rushed to the emergency room. From then on out, I ended up having a few episodes that landed me in the hospital bed. Luckily baby girl has been a trooper, she is healthy and strong and I couldn’t be more blessed. Having fibroids has caused me to not enjoy pregnancy as much as I would like, but I’ve learned to cope a few different ways and deal with the pain when it comes and goes. So please continue to pray for me!
Throughout this pregnancy I have had times where I want to feel her kick, move, but I won’t feel pronounced kicks until 28-30 weeks. So I’ve got more time. But I have noticed that while my body is steadily changing my mind still has not switched that I am going to be a mom! Sometimes I forget, I know that’s strange huh? Well I have to share what I have been doing the last few weeks that has allowed me to smile more and enjoy this little bundle of joy that is in my belly! So here are my 7 ways to connect with your belly bump:
1) Book Yourself a Pre-natal massage. It allows you to clear your thoughts and connect with the pregnancy!
2) Try out a pre-natal yoga class or pre-natal yoga video on YouTube! They work and help you relax, while tuning into your breathing with the baby!
3) Buy a countdown frame! I countdown my pregnancy and keep it in our home, it’s a great way for me to get excited about the soon to be moments we will have with her! I purchased this cute board from amazon as mine!
4) Sing to your bump or Read to Your Bump. You can even begin to create a nursery playlist on Spotify!
5) Talk to your bump. It really helps, I spend some time talking to her in the car, letting her know that I am so thrilled to meet her and they their are so many people that love her. Sometimes you can forget but if you are not doing anything try to make some time to speak to her!
6) Style your bump! Look if you are on a limited budget but still want to look cute, look at recycling pieces in your wardrobe or buying items that are transitional pieces you can wear after you give birth! I wrote all about that here. My favorite maternity boutique to shop right now is PinkBlush! They have so many cute pieces and I received this adorable Peach Solid V-Neck Maternity Blouse from them for $37! You can find so many cute maternity tops and dresses from them here and here.
7) Last but not least, start scrap-booking, it’s a fun way to begin building memories before the baby gets here. Put sonogram pictures in it, or your bump-date pictures in it, whatever you want that connects back to the pregnancy.
These little things have been really making a difference in how I connect with my growing belly bump! It makes me feel so comfortable knowing that I am going to be a mom. If you loved these tips don’t forget to pin the image below. I’d love to know ways you’ve connected with your belly bump (if pregnant or have been pregnant) let me know so I can try them out for myself!
A behind-the-scenes look at our family, life at home, and my favorite products!